10.27.2019

I Tried: 1988- 1990 Playlist

My freshman year, I was still listening to the music that defined middle school: George Michael and INXS. But as the 80s came to a close, the music shifted too, and these are a few of the songs from those days.

Scene: these are two of the songs I remember listening to with Dayna during those years. When In Rome's "Promises" and Love and Rockets' "So Alive."




Scene: the DJ mix tapes: Depeche Mode's "Shake the Disease" and "Enjoy the Silence," Jane's Addiction's "Classic Girl," and Church's "Under the Milky Way."







Scene: Marney and Gretchen's Air Band hit: L'Trimm's "Cars that Go Boom."


Scene: REM's GREEN is the soundtrack to my early driving days, particularly "Hairshirt," "You are the Everything," and "Night Swimming."





No comments:

Post a Comment