7.15.2011

Twitter as Blog Topic Generator: #top25books

I've been spending so much time on twitter lately that I almost automatically add # and RT before writing, but it's so worth it. I have met an amazing community of writers and teachers there and today a couple of twitterlits (twitter people who love literature) started a conversation about their top 25 books. If you haven't explored twitter, just search for #top25books and you'll get a glimpse into the way dialogue on twitter can work. Anyway, here is the list I came up with and I'm sure (like the twitter conversation) you'll have lots of titles to add and comment about. Do it. Comments on blogs make them worthy.  And if you join twitter, let me know! I'm writersgrind and these are my #top25books ~in no particular order.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje
Billy by Albert French
Blu's Hanging by Lois Ann Yamanaka
Wild Meat and the Bully Burgers by Lois Ann Yamanaka
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Beloved by Toni Morrison
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman
The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Native Son by Richard Wright
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Boys of Summer by Roger Kahn
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Push by Sapphire
Drown by Junot Diaz
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery

No comments:

Post a Comment