12.31.2019

Blog Round Up: Is This the End?

Why do the kids look so little here? 
It's been a decade for the blog, and here we are 260 blog posts later...

For the year, readership, is down. Where did I go wrong? Have I forgotten what readers really want? I don't know, but this year was about the UTLA strike and those were my most read posts. The others introduced the re-release of Through Eyes Like Mine, and Overdue Apologies and the publication of I Tried.

I posted 16 times this year, and there are still a few hundred of you playing along, so here are the top posts of 2019 revisited:

My culmination speech for the Class of 2019 about our teacher strike and standing up for what you believe was my third most-read post.

In second, was my post about the start of the strike landing on my parents' birthdays: "Celebrating John and Sue's Birthdays."

And my most read post!!! "On The Eve of Spring Term" captures the anxiety before the UTLA strike and the start of the second semester.

Whew. It's been a good one, and although blogging still sometimes feels like screaming into the void, I'm not ready to shut her down just yet. Thanks for reading along with me, y'all. Let's make even more of this next decade.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nori, please continue your blog!! I enjoy your craft, your thoughts, and knowing what is important to you as you live into this stage of your life.
    Blessings & Peace
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Gloria! All best to you in the new year!

      Delete