11.25.2019

I Tried: A Playlist 1990-1992

Here is the second playlist for the high school memoir: I Tried.

The first playlist is all new wave (with a little L'Trimm thrown in), but there are surprisingly few mentions of music during my junior and senior years in high school. Much of my soundtrack from those years was choir with lots of a cappella.

Two of those songs are from the a cappella group Mint Juleps and the girls in swing choir that year actually recorded them. I don't think we sounded so great... but here are those songs.

"Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher"


This second one is Mint Juleps "Don't Let Your Heart."




I also remember loving this song and album during my last years in Bend: Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me."



This moment didn't make the book either, but I have this distinct memory of watching A Room With A View and this song and this kiss take me right back to all that I hoped I would find in life and love.


This is the song we sang in choir our senior year. It's a French madrigal that I remember simply calling "Mon Coeur." It's pretty beautiful and this is what we sang in the pool room at the Hearst Castle.


I guess I'll end this short playlist with our class song: Alphaville's "Forever Young." We made a good choice, MVHS Class of 1992.


I Tried is available now! You can get in touch with me directly, order from an online retailer or your local independent book seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment